3 1/2 hours and counting until.....

So today is THE day! I go in for my 1st mammogram ever. I am over 40, however I was still having babies and nursing up until a year ago, so now is the time. What better time than the Month of October for breast cancer awareness month. I have known survivors and brave women who have lost the battle with breast cancer. I am praying to God I am not on either list! I don't know how long it takes to find the results, but I will be awaiting them with baited breath for sure!

What about you...any stories you want to share, personal or otherwise?



Comments

Lindsay said…
oo good for you! I hope it isn't to bad!
AmyBarkerPhoto said…
Good for you! I haven't had one done yet. I pray it all goes well for you
Sharla said…
I pray that everything is fine. I haven't had my first mammogram yet, but my gramma lost her battle with breast cancer many years ago and a good friend of mine is a brave survivor, so it is something I think about often. Last year, my mom and I ran in a short run to raise money and awareness for breast cancer and until I did that, I didn't realize how emotionally connected I was to the cause.
melismama said…
Thanks ladies for the shout out! sharla, so sorry about your gram. It was so simple and for me, did not hurt 1 bit. I was happy when I walked out for sure!
When I got mine done. I had to snicker cause the lady clamped down on me and then said, "Don't breathe."

Who was she kidding? I couldn't breathe!

Popular Posts