Fresh EASY Salsa Recipe - get the kids involved

I wanted to share this easy -  delicious -  inexpensive - good for you salsa recipe.  One of my friends made it last Spring and I have been making it ever since.  Such a versitile side dish..we use on fish, tacos, chicken and more!  I am sure you will like it.  The kids can help!

Only a few ingredients needed:


  • 1 can of corn (drained of liquid
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes - with juice (I use the Ro-Tel brand with peppers in it
  • 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed


That is it!  I mix all together (at least an  hour ahead so everything can marinade and marry up.)



Other things I add if I have on hand....onions (I prefer red onions), fresh cilantro and a little Italian dressing.

You yield SO much more than a jar of store-bought salsa. It's better for you and you can use it pretty much on anything...even just a chip and dip side.  It will cost you less than $ 3 and it makes a huge batch.

Even the littlest Newell loves it!
Hope you make some this weekend to share with the family.



Comments

Lindsay said…
ooo that sounds delicious!! I want some salsa now :-P
I LOVE homemade salsa! I may just try this one this weekend.

I host a NEW linky party called Fun w/Food Friday. I would LOVE it if you came by and linked up some of your delicious posts! Have a great weekend :)

http://www.paisleypassions.blogspot.com
Mommy said…
ooh this looks yummy & super easy lol (works for me!) Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower from the blog hops I'd love for you to follow back @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com
Jerri said…
It looks delicious!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Popular Posts