Happy Fall Y'all!
TGIF to everyone...Friday means the weekend is almost here..time to get my meal plan ready for next week...Loving the Fall time and the recipes that go with it! Glad to have you here at our Fall Friday Recipe Link Up! I invite you to join in the fun! See the recipes from last week HERE!
Searching for "waist friendly" recipes for Fall has been a task this week....they are out there, I just need to find them all!! I don't know about you, but I tend to gain a few pounds in the Fall with less grilling and more crock pots and slow cookers!
Today, I am offering this great, LOW FAT, casserole that can be used for a warm dip also! It's warm, bubbly and oh so good! (55% less sat fat, 50% less fat, 27% fewer calories than the original recipe)
Healthified Chicken Tortilla Casserole
(From Betty Crocker)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) 98% fat free 45% less sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 container (8 oz) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 8 yellow corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix soup, chiles, sour cream and milk until blended. Stir in chicken, tortillas and bell pepper. Stir in tomato and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon and spread mixture in baking dish.. Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
Hubby loved it, my waist line loved it! We used Tortilla chips and dipped them also!
Now it's your turn to link up...Don't forget to share with friends...facebook and twitter! The more the merrier!
What's a great Fabulous Fall Dish that you can share with us!