Outdoor Fall Decorating - tight budget

After school we took a ride to find some pumpkins, mums and cornstalks.  I was on a mission to decorate a little outside.  I remembered a little house/farm that had a stand by the road...we went there....I gave myself a $ 40 budget to decorate outside. 

Could I do it?  Yes I can! (the words of Bob the Builder)



Love love love that the honor system is still alive and well in our community!


Prices were good.



I let the kids pick out which one they wanted to from the 3 for $ 5 selection.

Lots of pretty Gourdes



Inside the little shack there were veggies for sale.


Some friends greeted us at the fence.

"You want a piece of me.."  It was a momma and her baby.
..the baby was nursing when we 1st pulled up.



This was the 2nd stand we found...Mums $ 4 per plant!  Oh yeah!



The results back home....








$ 40 spent to the penny....I am happy!

I will be incorporating some candles in this arrangement soon!



Comments

Lindsay said…
Looks great! I need to get over to our honor system pumpkin patch soon! Love that it is still alive :-)
Honest Mommy said…
Looks great!! Where did you find the stand for the pumpkins??? The kids would love some!!

Popular Posts