Skip to main content

My Favorite Things DAY 1


Day 1





The founders of CrossTimber are an Ohio-grown, family-run business with 20 years' experience in graphic design, and a level of customer service that you'll be hard-pressed to find in big-business.  Their quality of work speaks for itself. John was a home educated man with a great story behind CrossTimber. I encourage you to go take a moment and read  this uplifting story HERE.   (be warned, you will need the tissues)


CrossTimber has a wide variety of products to offer you. Name Meaning Gifts -  plaques are what I am focusing on today! (although there are MANY other personalized name items you can pick from.)  This is one of the most personal gifts you can give at the holidays!  What you do is research a name, read the unique story behind a name, learn the origin of God's many titles and names, shop through the unique name meaning gifts, and find out why CrossTimber is all about names.  There are over 100 pages of unique name meaning gifts, articles about name meaning research, stories about the encouragement through names and insights on God's name.



Here is a framed Name Meaning Plaque that I ordered from CrossTimber for our son for Christmas. I love the quality of the print and the frame surpassed my expectations. There were so many options to “build” upon for a personalized product. (I did receive this complimentary for this review of my own words)

John from CrossTimber is so generous to offer a discount code on his Name Meaning Plaques for the followers of The Joys of Home Educating.  You can order yours today using a generous discount code of JoysOfHome15 to save 15%  on the named products!  You won't be sorry you ordered any of the CrossTimber products.   

In addition, John offers a giveaway on their site. This month you can enter to win a name plaque! GO HERE to enter today!  CrossTimber's Christmas giveaway is for Free NamePlaques for the winner's ENTIRE family (Yep, even big homeschool families!) and ends Dec 16th at midnight so the winner will get their prize by Christmas.  Swing by and ask them [free] for the meaning of your family names!

Besides their website you can also connect with them at their Etsy shop.

TODAY'S SECRET LETTER:  M

Disclosure: I received the products mentioned to review. Regardless, I only recommend products I feel would benefit my followers. All opinions are my own and those of my family. Please see my full disclosure policy at the end of this page.  


Don't forget to share this post with your BFF! Be sure to check back tomorrow for Day 2 of My Favorite Things


Until then  - Be Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…