Skip to main content

It's Been a Sad and Bitter Sweet Day...

My husband was home today due to the MLK Jr. holiday. It was the day I was looking forward to, in one way and not looking forward to in another way.  Today is the day the crib came down for good!  This is a crib we have had for almost 7 years and all three of our children used it.  It is one of those types with the side rail that comes down, although has never spontaneousnesly come down with our children, I don't feel good about giving it away....so I am looking for ideas from blogland what I can use these smooth oak sides and head/foot board for....Send in those ideas ladies!


 Our youngest, Samantha, does not want to won't sleep in her crib and she is a climber so we were afraid that she might climb out....so we ordered her a "big girl" mattress and box spring for delivery on Friday.    We all watched on as my husband disassembled the crib and put it into the garage.




Not sure how I really feel about all this....kids are growing up so fast....7 years ago we purchased this crib (Thank you to Mom) and now it has come full circle.   Here is a pic of the room without the crib but keeping the crib mattress on the floor until Friday....maybe she will understand what is happening...easing her into it!  BTW she is only 20 months...



We will see how she takes to it all....wish us luck!  Looking forward to the transition to two girls in 1 room with matching beds....

DON'T FORGET....IF YOU HAVE IDEAS THAT WE CAN USE THE CRIB SIDES FOR I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM....THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE IN BLOGLAND!




Comments

Jenna said…
Take one of the sides and hang it on the wall sideways, then you can drape magazines over it! Instant easy magazine rack!
Lindsay said…
Ohhh I will totally ball when I take down our crib for the last time! I wonder if you could use the slates pieced together to make a headboard? Like nail them onto a piece of press board but all scrunched together?
caregivermom said…
I have my husbands crib from 1956, as it wouldn't be safe for our grandchildren, of which there will be fourteen after our two sons wives have their babies in April and in June, I asked my husband to make a loveseat or bench to put in front of the window using the crib without one of the sides and putting crib mattress on for seating.

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…