Skip to main content

Boys Book Club # 2

You might have caught my post a few weeks ago on the Boys Book Club that my son is a part of. If not, here is the link.

The book that they read for the last 2 1/2 weeks is called Stink, the Incredible Shrinking Kid. This series is awesome. If you have a child who likes to read, or really does not really like to read, I bet they would love STINK!

(From Amazon)...Kindergarten-Grade 2-Judy Moody's little brother, James (aka Stink), is the shining star of this dramatic production of Megan McDonald's beginning chapter book (Candlewick, 2005). Stink's perception that he is shorter than the average second grader is reinforced by his sister, Judy, who revels in every opportunity for sibling rivalry. While the story line centers around Stink's height problem, it also embraces humor and provides plenty of facts to make the story believable. When President's Day arrives, for example, Stink presents a brief report on the shortest president, James Madison. McDonald's humor-infused story is full of puns (the classroom "newt in shining armor" meets his untimely end in the garbage disposal while under Stink's care for the weekend) that will keep listeners glued to their headphones.


This week my gal pal, Beth, taught the kids and it was hilarious!  Their "project" (after discussion time) was to make a James Madison Wig (you have to read the book to understand it..lol)...using a paper bag and cotton balls..little glue...here is the result...


LOVE IT!

The girls did some crafts and played...


The last book of the Summer for the Boys Book Club will be....


Why not start a children's book club in your area?  It's fun and keeps the kids interested!

Read on friends....





Comments

Kristin said…
I will have to give this book a try for my 8 yr. old son who LOVES the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series!!
Kristin
Honest Mommy said…
We love it...it definitely keeps the boys reading. DJ wants to know what will happen when they go through all of the Stink books...so I think he wants to keep reading them:)
JDaniel4's Mom said…
The books look wonderful! The wigs are such fun! The guys look great in them.
JDaniel4's Mom said…
This counts as an entry in the Summer Reading Challenge. Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.
Kara said…
Love this idea of a book club for boys...our would love reading books with their buddies! I might try to get this going... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…