There was an old lady.....

Bye Bye January - Hello February!

February is extremely busy (good busy) for us. 

So much going on in Homeschool and our social lives! 




We have two versions of this book today and used them for a lesson...


Felt Story Kit







Back in June of 2011, I won a drawing for this adorable Story Felt Kit with book from Education Jump Off (Joyce is a fellow homeschooling mom)  It's SOOO cute and fun.  I read the story and we used the felt kit to animate it all. The girls loved it! 


The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
(Story Time Felts - Joyce Wheeler - Education Jump Off)

Book: Usborne First Reading - The Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly

Hope your day is blessed!

Comments

Mommarazzi said…
wow, that was a favorite story of mine when I was little! I had a pretty cool book of it (wish my Mom kept it!)
I have the very first version of the book you pictured... it is a favorite of my children, and the kids I taught used to LOVE IT! We also have "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie", too. This song is great for sequencing and cumulative ordering -- and just lots of fun! I need to pull it out this week. :-)
Lindsay said…
So fun! I love this book and so does Sammy! I need to pull it out again soon!
JDaniel4's Mom said…
This is such a fun story! How great to be able to retell it with a flannel board.

Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn.
sixcranberries said…
I just posted about "the little old lady" too! but you have such a variety=) i love it!

Popular Posts