Skip to main content

Collage Friday - Wrapping it up

We find ourselves at the end of a another school week and beginning of a weekend!  How was your week?  Ours was busy as usual - with gym classes, dr. appts, camping out, two public school visits (say what?) and more...

 Over the Winter we participated in our area's (regional)  FIRST Lego League (you can find out more information HERE).  The "team" (aka Lego Kings) was coached by myself  with mentoring from other parents.  For over 3 months (during the Winter)  the boys came together twice a month to work on their project (given to them by the FIRST LEGO League)! Great experience in team building! They went to an entire day of competition and presented their project to the board. What a fun time!  Fast Forward to this week - we were asked to attend the local public school's board meeting on Monday night to be recognized and awarded a certificate.   It was quick but fun!  The kids are FANATICS when it comes to Lego's. If you ask Zachary (since he was 4) what he wants to "do" when he grows up he will tell you - "I will be designing LEGO sets - so I guess a LEGO Engineer!"

The other visit this week to a public school was another fun one.  Molly was asked by a friend of hers to be her "friend" for the Bring a Friend to Lunch day. She was all dressed up and had her lunchbox with her.  They had a great time!  Funny thing - I ran into about 6 people I knew while I was at the school for 5 minutes...all thought (and asked) - "Are you kids going here now" with shock in their voice.  LOL...(sorry no pic)




For school: we have been having a great time predicting temperatures and finding out how meteorologists predict the weather.  Molly also presented us with an oral presentation on the water cycle. 


Home Life: SPRING HAS SPRUNG.   We finally picked up our new (to us) travel trailer (aka camper) last Sunday!  We have been having a great time cleaning it, stuffing it full of "stuff" and we even had a sleep over in it one night to "test it out"...all good!

Won't you join me over at Homegrown Learners where Mary is hosting her weekly Collage Friday! 

Homegrown Learners
 

Enjoy the weekend and be blessed!



Comments

My girls saw the pictures of your camper on Instagram and fell a little bit in love! I think they would like to see one just like it parked in our driveway! You are going to have such a great summer!

~Jess
Sorry I forgot to change accounts. This is Jess @ Teachable Moments!
Mary Prather said…
What fun you had this week! I NEED to investigate the First LEGO League, Melissa. Congrats to Z -- please tell him Grant said great job!!!

Camper looks awesome! That could maybe even entice me to go camping, who knows? ;-)
melismama said…
Thanks Jess - we are loving the camper - so far, so good! If only if our driveway..heheehe...Mother's day weekend is our 1st camping trip of the season!

Hi Mary - the FIRST LEGO League was a lot of fun (and work) for all involved. Camper is awesome!

Phyllis said…
What a lovely week...Legos, weather and a really great camper!
OSOTM said…
Niiiice camper! I'm envious! LOL We just traded our little pop-up camper for a trailer to haul our kayaks. The camper needs work to be "road safe" and I just don't have that money, but the exchange works out great for us. I didn't have to buy a trailer for the kayaks! :grin: And we still have a great tent for those rare times we go camping now.
Karen said…
Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so glad you are watching 7 Cool Homeschoolers. The Lego League looks like so much fun and the camper!! DROOL! I am so glad to visit you here and I will be back.
Beautiful tulips! We just got a snowstorm, so no spring weather for us yet! First Lego league does sound really interesting. I bet my boys might enjoy that when they are old enough.
Jonas Smith said…
It’s truly a great and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
RES Course Provider
Lindsay said…
What a fun week! That lego competition sounded like so much fun! How cool that Molly got to be the bring a friend to lunch day!

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…