Skip to main content

Collage Friday and a Party

Yes my friends if you are reading this post that means another week has gone before our eyes!  It was a busy one here at the Joys of Home Educating!   With school and extra activities wrapping up we finally found time to rest and relax...lol...


Our newest "family" member - girls named her "Janey Newell"...she or he lives in the play yard - leaves us alone but loves to sunbath on the kids gym equipment.  


Fun with some Kiwi Crates this week!  These are worth their weight in gold. So educational and so fun!  Quality of crates and materials is excellent!


Fun with Science this week using our Magic School Bus - Grow Amazing Polymers Experiments. 


Here is what is happening outside....Bees are loving our flowers....chipmunks are loving the seeds that drop from the feeders and our little baby birds are very content in their nest.   What you dont see....two racoons that keep giving us a run for our money at night....woodchucks getting into the garage for a look see around...lol...



Memorial Weekend we celebrated with the other two families that we homeschool with sometimes.  Check out all the CELEBRATIONS and a ton of pics HERE at my sister blog  - My Party Passion. 

This weekend is Molly's Ballet Recital. Hard to believe it!  Last year we had a little reception for her, this year is no different. (pics from last year HERE)



Expecting 90 degree weather here for the next few days - HUZZAH - Summer is approaching! Can't wait to get the kids back to the NJ Shore for some ocean fun!



Please hop over to Homegrown Learners and join Mary and dozens of other home schoolers for the weekly - Collage Friday! 

Homegrown Learners


Until next week - be blessed!






Comments

Dawn said…
What a wonderful week.
Blessings, Dawn
Fun times! I loved reading about your week!
--Gena
Lindsay said…
Yay for another wonderful week! I hope you guys have a great day today!
PrairieJenn said…
Looks like a fantastic week:) Love your photos and collages...they are just beautiful!
PrairieJenn said…
Looks like a fantastic week:) Love your photos and collages...they are just beautiful!
Hi Melissa! I love how your obvious passion and zest for life come across in your blog! Molly looks beautiful in her ballet costume - and so do those cakes! I hope you've had a glorious weekend. We are at the beach, it's fabulous! Lucinda
Rebecca said…
What a nice week! I am so glad that isn't my new pet though :-)
Jen Dunlap said…
Wow, you got close to that snake! How far are you from the ocean? So lucky!!
melismama said…
Jen. We are about an hour from the ocean in NJ
melismama said…
Oh we get right up to the snake. 8)
Lara Molettiere said…
Brave mama! Snakes give me the heebie jeebies! You always have the best parties and fun for your sweet family!

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…