Skip to main content

NO Spend January - prepping for already scheduled items

First, before you read this - if you are on Pinterest, I invite you to follow my No Spend January and my Frugal Living Page - always pinning great things to this page!



Okay, so we can all agree No Spending January is a challenge for us all. It's not a "do or die" situation and please don't beat yourself up IF something unexpected comes along and you HAVE to spend money (car repairs, emergency house repairs are good examples)  then spend it. 




However, what we can do is a little homework is prepare our hearts, homes and shelves for some anticipated items that we already know might cut into our No Spend Challenge.

Here is what I am talking about.

If you already know you have some birthdays, an anniversary, scheduled parties etc. on the calendar for January, prepare NOW while we still can hit the after Christmas sales!  


If you are a big chocolate person and have to have your handful of M & M's every night after dinner, buy them when they are 1/2 off after Christmas and portion them out for your January!  

If you are a person who has to buy 6 birthday presents for people in January - do it now while items are at a low cost. (BONUS:  Make the cards - don't buy them!) Some no spend ideas:  the coupon book you can create, a pretty frame from crafty items you might have around your house. Pinterest is a HUGE FREE resource for a lot of these! 



It will take some planning and yes might be a little stressful for you now to add one more thing to your "To Do list", but it will be worth it in the end, trust me!



I already know for me, I have some girlfriends coming over the 1st weekend in January and I planning on serving some wine and water for drinks and a few appetizers and of course some sort of chocolate! So I will plan my menu now and buy at the grocery store while holiday eats are on a great sale! 




So my point here is, emergencies will happen.  Ask yourself when something does come up - can this wait?  Does it really need to be purchased now?  Make as much as you can as far as cards and gifts go.  Get crafty! 


This post may contain affiliate or sponsor links. You can see our full disclosure policy at the bottom of this blog page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…