Skip to main content

Fall Friday and Stories in Pictures


Happy Fall Friday Y'all



I know it's not officially fall yet, however, all the signs are pointing towards it being fall soon. 

Loving the mornings with cool crisp air!  

This week has been a busy one, as they all have lately

Last Sunday was Grandparents Day and I treated my mom (aka Bubby) to a day in the city (aka NYC) with a Broadway show.

  The costumes, music and general hum of the theater was enough to take your breathe away.  We had dinner at a great little Irish Pub - Connelly's Pub (Times Square location).    We live an hour north of NYC and we rarely get a chance to go in and enjoy The Big Apple.  




The local farmers market is in full swing with crisp delicious veggies, baked goods, organic beef, eggs, raw honey and more...


More signs that fall is knocking on our door.  Pictures from around our town. 


In school....

Zachary just completed the week long IOWA test last week. I mailed them back to Seton for grading.  It was not required by the public school this year, but I like them as a bench mark to where is he in the scheme of things and honestly more for me to gauge IF I am doing a good enough job with the basics. 

Molly and Sammie have been obsessed with all things LEGO this week. Building things for their LARGE animal collection.  
Since mornings have been cooler, we have been baking a lot. Fun for them, not fun for my will power!  


Thursday morning I needed to step away from the home for a bit and regroup. Taking care of myself is so important. I feel myself getting quick to yell lately and not being tolerant of my children.  Enjoying and remember what God's beauty is all about was a nice break. 


I had to share this picture with you. I heard the girls talking and singing and came to find them pretending to have a radio show. Making their own microphones out of their Tinker Toys.  I love letting them have creative play time. So important for their budding minds!  




Happening today:  I am shopping at the outlets with my MIL today.  Molly is being recognized at a local library for her entry in a poster contest - topic was sustainability (will show you a pic of that next week).  Sam has martial arts class...wow  - busy Friday for sure! We have the first soccer games of the season on Saturday and after church on Sunday it's apple picking with the cousins!

I am continuing to prep for our October 1st full time school start.  Soaking in the last few weeks of September. We have 1 more camping trip left with our BFF's before we put the camper in storage for the season. 

UPDATE:  Our new home search was put on hold in March due to some restructuring of my husband's job (which still is not completely resolved) sigh.....

Should be a fun filled weekend with soccer games, church and bonfires!  

I hope your weekend is great! 

Linking up to:  Collage Friday at Homegrown Learners

Comments

Emily Copeland said…
Stopping by from Collage Friday! It certainly does look like fall is on the way for you. WI'm a little envious. We're still completely green in eastern NC. ;)
Oh, I LOVE all your autumn photos, they are so beautiful! I just adore this time of year!
Karen said…
Beautiful pictures!!! I love Fall the best but it's still warm here. Can't wait until it gets cool and the leaves change! Happy Fall.

Popular posts from this blog

Shining the Spotlight - Finding Home Farms

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you another company that I feel you should know about.  


I first learned about Finding Home Farms on Instagram. Little did I know, Laura, one of the owners of Finding Home Farms, lives local to me, in the Hudson Valley of New York. 
You can read all about Laura and her lovely family at her blog about page. 
 I immediately knew that I had to try their products in my home. I have grown to love their products (shop), Laura's sense of style and her blog. 
Can we just stop now and talk about their packaging first.  It speaks to you before even trying the products. Simple, organic and calming.  Isn't it just darling with the little dove.
sigh....insert smile

I love her blog tagline - Gather Create Connect - that says it all, there in three little words. YOU already know before going forward that you are in for a special treat. 
I am only going to speak to a few of their many products because these are what we use in our home with our family. 



Shining the Spotlight - Soapforcollege

Happy New Year and welcome back to our first
Shining the Spotlight
for 2017! 

 I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are settled back into your routines.







Today I am so excited to introduce you to a company that has such a wonderful purpose behind it!  Jessica Griffis is a 17 year old college student paying her way through college selling Hilltop Design simple, natural and homemade products.  Jessica was also home educated!!! (dear to my heart)

Ya'll know I am all about the package as first impressions are so important. Don't you just love this sticker/stamp that she had on her package!  Spoke to me before I even opened it up and smelled the freshness of the products. 

I was impressed with the smell of the products, not overwhelming and artificial smelling at all. I felt safe using them on myself and my children. 

There are lip balms, lotions, scrubs, body butter, bath bombs and more.  The scrubs rival any other name brand and the bath bombs are THE BOMB!   The products are very …

Shining the Spotlight

Today at Woodwater Farmhouse, I am sharing with you a company that  not only meets but exceeds my expectation.  In service and product. 
Rustic Honey




The owner's name is Lauren Moran and I can see why her shop is so successful!  Rustic Honey is a lifestyle boutique. They offer women's clothing and accessories, children's wear, home goods, vintage finds, handmade gifts and more!  Let's look at this business card first. First impressions are everything in my book.  (I did not get a picture of the adorable chalkboard wrapping that the box was wrapped in but it was so cute!)


It's cute, to the point and shows her style.


Not even talking about the farmhouse towel that I ordered yet...but come on a hand written note to me personally and has all her social media outlets on there also. Clever!  On the opposite side of this personalized note is the cutest quote and picture. 

Ok I am getting to the towel I ordered..it's HUGE and adorable. The printing is clear and impressive!�…