No Spend January - prepping
I am starting to think about the NO SPEND CHALLENGE month again for January. The hubby and I decided we are already ALL IN! IF you are thinking about it, I encourage you to pray about it!
Some things to remember to prep yourself:
The good thing is, this is not a do or die thing. You just do the best you can with the challenge and don't beat yourself up over it.
1. Unsubscribe to all those websites that entice you everyday to buy their latest and greatest "things".
2. Do some stocking up if you want to. If this is your first time doing the challenge and you are worried you will run out of wine or the family loves their Friday night pizzas - then stock up...go buy a few extra bottles and stash them away or some frozen pizza's (instead of ordering out) or better yet - have a Make Your Own Pizza night in the house (buy the dough, cheese and sauce).
3, Necessary monthly bills (rent, mortgage, utilities, student loans etc) are to be paid (not included in our No Spending).
4. If you are faced with a challenge, think about it, let it go for a day and come back to it...do you really have to buy that now?
5. Keep busy with other activities. (watch for a weekly post with suggestions for the family OTHER than going out and spending money).
6. Remember this isn't only about not spending, it's about being grateful for the time and things you already DO have. It's about what you have, being enough.
Like last year, every Monday I will be posting an update on how our family is doing in the challenge and would love to hear from you. We are here to support each other, not judge. Being honest is important and being accountable is too.
I will continue to pray for everyone who will be walking side by side with me in the challenge.
Are you on board?