Happy 2016 Everyone!
Welcome to The Joys of Home Educating - we are so glad you are here!
Sharing our week back with you in a weekly wrap up..at the bottom of the post you can find out what other great blogs we are linking up to and sharing our week with.
- Big week for reading
- Masterpiece Monday - Edward Hicks and studying the Peaceable Kingdom. Great study for kids.
- The Mitten - book and study - So many awesome FREE resources out there for The Mitten.
- New Planners - new notebooks - so much fun!
- Zachary is starting lessons on the election, how to become President and a weekly President report.
- Drawing - Art - Molly is obsessed with drawing in all mediums - chalks, pencils, pastels...
- Where Are We Wednesday - Minnesota - GO Vikings! They are in the playoffs this year and the family is excited (except for Zachary - he is a Saints fan)
- Molly received an entire collection of Judy Moody books for Christmas - started one already!
Fun From Instagram
- New Calendar from a friend
- My new go to bread - SO GOOD - making a few loaves a week.
- Many fires happening at night - getting cold - FINALLY here in NY
- This new entertainment center - my hubby built for the playroom/family room! LOVING IT - he is also finishing up a coffee table to match it.
I am busy with my meal planning and No Spend January is in full swing!
We do have a few exceptions - we have a vacation planned and mostly paid for at the end of January
and my husband needs to buy a new car. So I am doing my best to not spend in any other places except the necessities. Also keeping my grocery budget to $ 100 per week. You can check out the other No Spend January posts too.
What's happened this week - not pictured:
Martial arts class - three nights this week
Sewing Class - two nights this week
Trampoline Class - one night this week
Tween/teen Bible Study - one night
sigh..always running at night...
This weekend: Skiing and car shopping for hubby.
Hope your weekend is filled with fun and love.