No Spend January - Monday Check In
It's Monday which means check in time on the No Spend January! How are you doing on the #NoSpendChallenge? We are in the home stretch now! We had some highs and lows this week...
- Credit Cards: nice to see a zero balance on the credit card this month!
- Planned out our meals and packed for vacation. Instead of eating at the lodge or out all the time, we have a full kitchen so made homemade muffins, banana bread and stuff for lunches (1 dinner - out the other two) for vacation.
- Already planned dinner for the night we get back so we don't order take out!
- Broke down and bought wine for our vacation (leave today). 8( It's a vacation afterall 8)
- Over on my $ 100 food budget for the week due to buying a few things for the Superbowl that were on a great sale and some vacation extras.
It's been a good No Spend January. The children did not complain once and did have a few treats here and there from friends and neighbors.
We will be continuing to cut way back since we are looking to move in the Spring/Summer!
How did you do? What would you have changed? Will you do it again? Continue it?