Happy Friday friends. Did you think that this week flew by? I did...Let's get right into what we did this week...
Games..crafting and puzzles - lots of reading..concentrating on it with our 7 year old right now..she is interested and I am going with it!
We are still loving our Scrambled States of America game! Its a game we bring with us often on vacation and out to dinner. Easy to transport and fun for all ages! (affiliate link)
- Week two with our chalk pastels. (affiliate link) The one Sammie did was Mac and Cheese (her favorite)!
- Molly has been sketching and her ability is beyond what I would think a 9 year old would be at.
- Eric and I (and girls) are working on a project for our dart board. We don't want the darts to stick into the wall so we are creating a back drop for them (no judgement on how many corks we have saved up over the last 100 years...lol).
- Also got to visit with my son and his family last weekend...such a blessing to see him and his wife as parents.
- While they were here we played some family Scrabble and UNO (that's bubby on Zachary's team - BTW they won!)
- Zachary was gifted a new electronic dart board for his room and thankfully it gets him off the computer every now and then.
- The black dog you see below is my granddoggy..thankfully (again) he gets along great with Lilly.
Last Saturday hubby and I had our first date day in a LONG time...we stopped off a few places (including a reclaimed wood place) and some food for lunch and dinner...had a fun time discussing our goals for 2017 and plans for the kitchen renovation...
It was a great week for ducks in our area as the rain seemed to come almost every day. Thursday we had some sun and it was nice to shove the kiddos outside for a bit for some Vitimin D.
Today we will be watching some of the Presidential Inauguration and discussing the future of our country among other things.
Things I am loving this week:
and recipe I am going to try:
Tonight a gal pal is coming over for some R&R, game playing and hanging out...The weekend is busy with martial arts, birthday parties and barn night at a friends' house..then Sunday is church and Grammie is coming over for football and fellowship!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Linking this post over at Weird Unsocialized Homeschooler
This post may contain affiliate or sponsor links. You can see our full disclosure policy at the bottom of this blog page.